王宝钏

On 17 March we will be performing 比文招亲 at Henderson CC. We have acted this show in Malaysia but we haven't acted in Singapore yet. I think teacher is rather nervous about this performance because...

1) Our female lead is Xin En and it's the first time she doing female lead.
2) Xin En wasn't able to come for a lot of rehearsals.
3) We haven't tried combining rehearsals with the drums yet.
4) Our dearest LZ said she cannot act in this show so we are short of one actress.

And so the anxiety is building up. Nonetheless, I believe these all will be ironed out nicely in the end and our show will go on smoothly, like it always does.

Our next show will be 王宝钏 and recently we started rehearsing a little here and there. I was being assigned 王宝钏 and it is a major ku dan role. I am not really good at ku dan-ish roles but I will not comment or say anything about the roles given to me. It has provened that commenting too much about your assigned role will bring you nothing but tr0uble. So the best is to keep silence.

Anyway, it's good to try out different roles. Like this time in Bi Wen I am doing a crazy mother's role.

Basically 王宝钏 is a very different person from me. She is totally someone that I will never be. I will never wait for a man for 18 years. It's crazy. So I am actually trying to feel it myself, imagining 王宝钏's character and personality, trying to think like her. Trying to imagine myself waiting for a man for 18 years. LOL...

Haiz. Ong bo chuan is a silly woman.

My father always says that I am always acting as someone who is not me, who is so different from me personally. And he wonders if the audiences can imagine me off-stage, speaking loudly, scolding my brother and sister, putting my legs on the table when I watch TV and doing weird things at home...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A very crowded troupe

Holland Rd Performance

N+1