Dans

I have blogged about dans before long long time ago. Last friday, I went to stay overnight with YH at May's home. On the way to 7-11 to get some tidbits, we were talking about Mei Lan Fang. May know nuts about Mei Lan Fang but YH knows abit. She told me that the library has alot of books about Mei Lan Fang and asked me about her. She at least knows that Mei Lan Fang is a man. May was surprised that he is man because of his feminine name.

I asked May,"Tot I got blog about it before? Aiyoh, you forgot ah??"

So now, I am going to re-blog about MLF and some different kinds of dans.

One of Mei Lan Fang's most famous photo from his 'Sheng Si Hen'. I like this photo very much because his expression is very nice.

Him in his younger days. This photo also very nice, got FEEL~

A Mei Lan Fang DVD set. This photo was taken when he was very young too.

Another of his famous 'zao xing' as Concubine Yang. There is another famous photo of this role but I can't find it on the net.

Mei Lan Fang is the second one from the right.

He even got his own musuem and sculpture.

May, you cannot imagine how famous he is lor. He even received 2 PHD from 2 universities in the US and at like I told you, the money he was paid for each of his performance is enough to buy a small house at that time.

Haha.. that time we were talking about him and may say he very luan.. He is a dan and he got a son who is also a dan. Then he also got a daughter who is laosheng. He then got another lover outside (dan can also have so many lovers) who is a laosheng.. weird right..on stage one is dan, the other is laosheng acting as lovers then offstage, they changed sex.. very luan.

I wanted to blog about the different kinds of dans because May has totally forgotten about them already but it's too late now.. blog another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A very crowded troupe

Holland Rd Performance

N+1