湘灵七十
This is like a super old news lor. LOL, it was on 3 Sep but I don't have time to write about it as there are lots of photos to be sorted too.
I took some photos during rehearsal, this year, we try to create a scene of the 1950s. So we actually get people to 街头卖艺 and some people to sell candies and KL was also there to sell mee sua...
We also drew hopscotch on the floor and ask Uncle's 2 daughters to play there. Hahaha. when I asked them what their job was they told me it's to play. Papa says that we are here to play.... So funny..
This year's anniversary is SL's 70th birthday! That is like older than my mum lor.. and my father lor...




Recreating the scenes of the past:
Got ppl 卖艺 outside the venue..




We even got KL to come cook mee sua for us...
Of course he didn't really cook it, we asked the restaurant to cook it for him...

The kids... Very re nao right? Got look like 元宵of the olden days??

We got people standing up there on the pagoda, is that susan? LOL... wat she doing there???
Guess who is this:
This is my long lost NAIBA!!!! My god.. finally i see him...
The one in pink is me:

I still practicing before I go on stage, trying to remember everything. This show is quite stressful cuz it is full of movements and the movements are all in a string, one after another, there is no time for you to think. If I stop and think, the music will be over and it will be damn obvious that I forgot. So it's quite stressful.
Some more ALL the movements are co-ordinated with the other 2 actresses on stage, meaning we do the same movements, so must be quite uniform then nice.
For example:

and this:

I forgot that i must kneel down all the way in the scene above...

Apparently today some people my troupe talked about walking like penguins. I asked her if she is refering to me as I always walk like that in liyuanxi. My mum said it in a nicer way, she says I walk like a battery operated doll. Then the person demo and May joined in the fun to demo also... Penguin walking is the IN thing now I think cuz so many people copy....
One day Wuniang and Yichun and their kpo House maid Li Jie came out to see the lights and the performances on the streets..
There were many people and they saw many beautiful lanterns:
And the youngsters tried to impress the young girls...



Wuniang and gang went forward to see the lanterns more closely...
Little did they know that a man was watching them from the top of a pagoda, a very thin man:
The man started talking to wuniang which made lijie very unhappy.
Li jie thinks that the man was spoiling their mood. Wuniang and Yichun were curious about this talking man and looked up at him...

Wuniang, shy, and walked off quickly...
The man wanted to catch her attention and threw a fan down towards them.
Yichun excitedly picked up the fan and exclaimed that the fan is hers.
Li Jie was very unhappy about not picking up the fan first and scolded yichun. Wuniang told Yichun that she must give the fan to lijie.. so yichun LL.. give the fan to Lijie.
A friend told me that he likes this part the most.. The picking fan part.. LOL..
Yichun looked at the beautiful fan though it was snatched away... Finally, the owner of the fan used this as an excuse to talk to Wuniang...
After the 2 successfully exchanged loving looks, the fireworks started and yichun and wuniang were very excited.. first time see fireworks..
ACtually I didn't know that there will be confetti in the fireworks scene and I was really surprised and happy to see the 'fireworks'. The atmosphere was great! It really felt like a festival and I really felt like I am there at a festival celebration with those dancers, lion dance, dragon dance and the kicking ball dance... And then all ended with the confetti. Very nice and very shiok to act in a show like this...
I took some photos during rehearsal, this year, we try to create a scene of the 1950s. So we actually get people to 街头卖艺 and some people to sell candies and KL was also there to sell mee sua...
We also drew hopscotch on the floor and ask Uncle's 2 daughters to play there. Hahaha. when I asked them what their job was they told me it's to play. Papa says that we are here to play.... So funny..
This year's anniversary is SL's 70th birthday! That is like older than my mum lor.. and my father lor...




Recreating the scenes of the past:



We even got KL to come cook mee sua for us...
Of course he didn't really cook it, we asked the restaurant to cook it for him...
The kids... Very re nao right? Got look like 元宵of the olden days??
We got people standing up there on the pagoda, is that susan? LOL... wat she doing there???Guess who is this:
This is my long lost NAIBA!!!! My god.. finally i see him...The one in pink is me:

I still practicing before I go on stage, trying to remember everything. This show is quite stressful cuz it is full of movements and the movements are all in a string, one after another, there is no time for you to think. If I stop and think, the music will be over and it will be damn obvious that I forgot. So it's quite stressful.Some more ALL the movements are co-ordinated with the other 2 actresses on stage, meaning we do the same movements, so must be quite uniform then nice.
For example:

and this:

I forgot that i must kneel down all the way in the scene above...
Apparently today some people my troupe talked about walking like penguins. I asked her if she is refering to me as I always walk like that in liyuanxi. My mum said it in a nicer way, she says I walk like a battery operated doll. Then the person demo and May joined in the fun to demo also... Penguin walking is the IN thing now I think cuz so many people copy....One day Wuniang and Yichun and their kpo House maid Li Jie came out to see the lights and the performances on the streets..
There were many people and they saw many beautiful lanterns:
And the youngsters tried to impress the young girls...


Wuniang and gang went forward to see the lanterns more closely...
Little did they know that a man was watching them from the top of a pagoda, a very thin man:
The man started talking to wuniang which made lijie very unhappy.
Li jie thinks that the man was spoiling their mood. Wuniang and Yichun were curious about this talking man and looked up at him...
Wuniang, shy, and walked off quickly...
The man wanted to catch her attention and threw a fan down towards them.Yichun excitedly picked up the fan and exclaimed that the fan is hers.
Li Jie was very unhappy about not picking up the fan first and scolded yichun. Wuniang told Yichun that she must give the fan to lijie.. so yichun LL.. give the fan to Lijie.
A friend told me that he likes this part the most.. The picking fan part.. LOL..
Yichun looked at the beautiful fan though it was snatched away... Finally, the owner of the fan used this as an excuse to talk to Wuniang...
After the 2 successfully exchanged loving looks, the fireworks started and yichun and wuniang were very excited.. first time see fireworks..
ACtually I didn't know that there will be confetti in the fireworks scene and I was really surprised and happy to see the 'fireworks'. The atmosphere was great! It really felt like a festival and I really felt like I am there at a festival celebration with those dancers, lion dance, dragon dance and the kicking ball dance... And then all ended with the confetti. Very nice and very shiok to act in a show like this...
Comments